Making your goals with the funCTIONAL planner structure, you’ll see that in 3-month increments some of your goals will be completed in those 3 months and some will be rolled over when you get your next planner.
This is on purpose.
You’re goals will change, evolve or expand during your year and this format is flexible with you. What if you set 5 goals for the year and they were all completed within the first 6 months? Would you make more goals or would you just write off the year as a win and do nothing for the rest?
As I was deciding my goals to jumpstart the year, this showed itself to be true. And to be honest, I got even more excited because I knew some of them would be accomplished with this planner and in my next one I get to “start fresh” again!
There’s a certain relief that comes with the feeling of starting with a clean slate. It’s like you get a re-do if you didn’t do so great last time and/or you get to refocus your energy, you get a reset (even if some of them roll over – it still counts).
Writing goals in Goal Statements can be hard and confusing if it’s your first go at it. That’s ok, you’ll get it!
I’ll show you some examples with the ones I have for the start of this year:
- I schedule / follow through with at least 1 rejuvenation / restoration activity a week – planned at the beginning of every month by January 1, 2016
- I attend 1 major conference a year to grow my relationships and business – this year MIA in CA by June/July 2016 (I’m waiting on the event dates to be set)
- I launch a successful Kickstarter campaign by January 31-February 29, 2016
- The funCTIONAL Family successfully raises $25,000 to help build a school with Pencil’s of Promise by November 14, 2016
- I complete H&C 60-day fitness program challenge by March 31, 2016
- I have deeper framily relationships reaching out to at least 1 loved one/day and intentionally schedule 1-2 framily date nights a month.
- This because I have a tendency to huddle myself in a hole too much and need to be pulled out. I love being with the people in my life and want more of it!
- I volunteer in the community biweekly by April 11, 2016 (Post Kickstarter Campaign)
- I have a way for growing deeper spiritual relationships personally and with the people in my life by January 25, 2016
- I speak Spanish at an elementary level by June 1, 2016
- We are debt free by December 31, 2016
As you see, some goals are for the next few months and some are ongoing for the year.
That’s the beauty of reevaluation, you get to check what’s working, what isn’t, and what you can change to be successful moving forward.
Be an inspiration!
You’re goal may inspire someone else to recognize something they’ve wanted to do or to try something outside of their comfort zone. Which of course is where cool stuff happens.
But you’ll never know unless you SHARE! I would love to hear about the adventures you’re embarking on this year not only because I’m curious and want to encourage you to kick booty along the way but because I believe you can be an inspiration to someone else.
Comment below or email me what you have planned and I’ll start making a list!