PREP: 15 min | COOK: 12 to 15 min | Serves 6
**Meal Prep Tips below**
8 ounces ground Italian sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 large red bell pepper
1 large yellow or orange bell pepper
1/2 cup red onion slices
1 (12-inch) prepared fully baked thin and crispy whole wheat pizza crust
1/3 cup pizza sauce
1 (4-ounce) package soft unripened goat cheese, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cook sausage in large skillet. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, basil and oregano. Chop bell peppers and toss with onion slices into olive oil mixture.
2. Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce evenly over crust. Top with sausage and bell pepper mixture. Add goat cheese.
3. Bake until heated through and cheese begins to brown, about 12-15 minutes.
**Meal Prep Tips**
1. Cook all Italian sausage you'll need for the week on Saturday or Sunday. Ex: if you plan on eating it two nights, cook 16 ounces of Italian sausage at the same time. (Make sure to drain!)
2. Chop up all veggies and place in containers until the day you want to eat it.
I was able to assemble the entire dish in the amount of time the oven took to preheat.
BOOM! THAT'S when / why meal prepping comes in handy - even when I do have to do it over the weekend